How to DIY Build and Paint EZ-Dumper Walls on Ford F350 Super Duty
The dumper we are adding sides to is an EZ-dumper. We had our bed ripped off our Ford F350 and replaced w/ the EZ-Dumper. A custom frame was required, but that’s a different story. So this DIY is for an EZ-Dumper, but the same basic principle works w/ other dumpers.
I’m aware I may be going a bit overboard w/ this project. Most landscapers just throw up some boards and that’s it. I like to make things look good, and your truck and equipment is what people will see when you first pull up. So I like to make a good impression.
This DIY project was pretty easy. Just cut some boards stack ’em up and bolt ’em in place. I could not find any
DIY’s or how to’s on the net for dump walls, and even though it is easy some people might want a little direction.
So I got some boards, 2 X 4’s Hardware, paint and some tools. Then I started building. I’m very happy w/ the way it turned out. We did this project this past summer which is why I’m wearing short sleeves and have fully greened trees around in January. So We hope you enjoy this How to and learn something from it.
What You will need
- -Truck w Dumper
- -3 1/2 inch bolts (How many depends on how high and what size boards you use)
- -1/2 inch nuts, lock washers and 1 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch washers (match bolts)
- -20 ft of 2×4’s (depending on how high you want the sides)
- -4 2×10’s 8ft long (This will depend on how long your bed is and how high you want the sides)
- -pipe, bar clamps (optional, but helpful)
- -1/2 inch wrench
- -3/4 and 1/2 in sockets
- -1 1/2 spade bit and 1 1/2 hole saw bit
- -1/8, 1/4, 1/2 drill bits
- -phillips head drill bit
- -saw (skill, hand, sawzall ?)
- -paint brush, paint roller, paint sparayer (up to you)